Schedule your Free 2 week Trial

Call 614 499-463 to schedule your success session and 2 free weeks.

Instagram

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Get Stronger!

According to Louis Simmons the greatest strength coach in the world.  A man needs to be able to do 42 inch box jumps to show a minimum level of power.  My best box jump is only 36 inches at 5'9 225 so I guess I am not as powerful as I thought.  On my best jump I probably would have gotten onto a 39 inch box.

Relative Strength is extremely important when playing sports.  If you have two athletes and one can squat 450 pounds weight 180 pounds and another squatting 440 pounds at 220 pounds the first athlete has a much higher relative strength level 2.5-1 versus 2-1.

My best squat to below parallel is 385 pounds and my best box squat to slightly above parallel is 500 pounds.  These were both done in the 225-230 pound range.  When I was in high school I did not do squats or deadlifts but I could leg press 1060 pounds for six reps.  I think if I had squatted in high school I probably would have done the same as I can now if not more.  385 at 155 is 2.48- 1 ratio.  This is why I could dunk a softball in high school.

How much more can I squat?  With the right training partners?  With accommodating resistance?  With the right atmosphere?  I have no doubt that I can hit a 500 pound squat eventually.  I already did box squat that much.  Will I hit it training at my gym Jackhammer Strength Training?  Will I find a lifting partner at Beyond Limits who can push me and train during the day when normal people are at work?  Will I go to the Dogg House and become an absolute beast?  Will I get strong enough that I will be invited one day to train at West Side Barbell?

My clients keep getting stronger but just like I am not strong enough to train at West Side Barbell many people are not at the minimum level they need to be at to train at Jackhammer Strength Training.  Yes, I can train people of all levels but that does not mean that I should.  I know quite a bit about corrective exercises and what to have people do with various movement limitations. I want to be stronger than I am now and I want to help normal people be stronger and fitter than they have ever been at any stage of their life.  I want the 35-55 year olds to train with me oms, dads, grandmothers, grandfathers who want to be resilient, look good, feel good, minimize back pain, lose weight, and get stronger.  I want Jackhammer Strength Training to bridge the gap between being strong in a commercial gym and the beasts that train at the reknown power lifting gyms in the Columbus, Ohio area.

Eleven days ago I hit a goal a 300 pound pullup.  That may not be impressive to you but how many times have you seen someone do a 300 pound pullup regardless of their size?  I did this at 230 pounds plus 72 pounds with the dip belt and two 35 pounders.  When is the last time you hit a big goal?  If it has been a while shoot me a message I would love to come up with a plan that can get you to your goals.  Nathan Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment