Schedule your Free 2 week Trial

Call 614 499-463 to schedule your success session and 2 free weeks.

Instagram

Sunday, September 19, 2010

My favorite gym is open again!

Jesse Owens North is open again! The students are back at The Ohio State University. You might wonder why it is my favorite gym. The first reason is that I have lived less than 50 yards from this amazing gym for over 4 years. The second reason is the equipment squat racks, pullup bars, dip station, kettlebells, basketball courts, and the real power lifting stuff glute-ham machine, reverse hyper, and deadlift platform. Today I did some conventional deadlifts not too heavy though since it's been a while and I did not use a lifing belt.

The plan is to get my deadlift up to 500 pounds by my birthday next year. The most I've ever done is 450 on the hex bar and 415 conventional. I have done a 500 pound rack pull so I know I am capable of lifting a quarter ton. To get to the seemingly unreal 500 pound goal will take lots of dedication pulling at least every 5 days, cycling between low sets of heavy reps and higher rep sets with lower reps to not burn out my central nervous system too quickly. I will also have to supplement my deadlifting with lots of glute-hams, kettlebell swings, and reverse hypers to work my posterior chain and make my lower back strong enough to make that kind of lift. If anyone else wants to join me in a quest to get strong come see me at JON I will be there most evenings for the forseeable future!

No comments:

Post a Comment