Schedule your Free 2 week Trial

Call 614 499-463 to schedule your success session and 2 free weeks.

Instagram

Thursday, July 28, 2016

A quality fitness training program should make you feel better, feel more confident, and improve multiple aspects of fitness.  Ideally you should have a quality warmup to loosen up the muscles and get blood flow to the muscles you are training that day.  If you have movement limitations you should be doing corrective exercises to try to improve those limitations so that you can move properly.  At Jackhammer Strength Training a small group training and personal training studio in Columbus, Ohio located within 2 miles of Upper Arlington, Hilliard, and Grandview Ohio we screen all clients using the FMS system.  Rather than a 3 point scale though we do a pass or fail.  If you want to know more about the FMS check out this link right here:


At Jackhammer Strength Training it is my goal to get people as fit as they want to be while having fun in a safe manner.  Every session is different.  Some days I will have 6 completely different training plans and other times I will reuse a workout from one day to the next with little subtle changes.  The great thing about having small groups is that if you come in on Monday I know what you did and therefore you what you should or should not do on Tuesday.  Contrast that with a gym getting 15,20 or 40 people per session and they are going to be doing tons of things they probably should not be doing.  This is what causes injuries.  

It is great to have extremely challenging workouts from time to time.  These could be 3 minutes or even a whole hour.  Yesterday and this morning we did a very challenging workout called the Momentum 300 challenge :

Momentum
300 Challenge
  • 25 Hip Thrusts
  • 10 Burpees
  • 50 Snatches (25 each arm)
  • 10 Burpees
  • 25 Push Ups
  • 10 Burpees
  • 50 Swings (25 each arm)
  • 10 Burpees
  • 50 Clean and Push Press/Jerk
(25 each arm)
  • 10 Burpees
  • 50 Mountain Climbers
(25 each leg)
I felt pretty good to get this done in 14 minutes. I used a 25 pound kettlebell for the swings, snatches, and 2 25`s for the clean and jerks.  Two people beat me Wes who is the assistant OSU rugby coach and Kelly who I invited in just so she could do this workout.  Once you are adept with kettlebells this workout should take between 10 and 16 minutes.  This can be done as a warmup, whole workout, finisher, or monthly challenge.  
One of my clients really liked this so I have come up with 5 similar challenges which I would love to help get you fit enough to complete.  The key to getting fit is a desire and the key to staying fit is consistency.  Consistency in your workouts, nutrition, sleep, and staying injury free are all key components to staying fit.  

This year I have had 2 injuries a pulled hamstring and plantar fasciitis both as a result of playing Australian Rules Football or Aussy Rules.  If you do not know about the greatest sport in the world you can check it out here:


You can exercise or you can train.  Not everyone should train but everyone should exercise.  If you want to train you should have a specific goal.  My goals right now are to get my heel better so I can play Australian Rules Football again.  Beyond that I want to do a 1000 pound low plank and deadlift a car this year.  Both will be difficult but I can do them if I am consistent.  If you have a goal let me help you as I know I can help you get there faster than you can on your own.  Just this summer I made a plan for my niece to follow to get her first pullup and 6 weeks later she did her first pullup.

We can do small group training, personal training, in home personal training, corporate training, and even on line training.  Whatever your budget, whatever your experience, whatever your goals, whatever your schedule we can make something work for you.

If you know anyone that might have a goal bring them on in I would love to give you both a free week of small group training and help you reach and surpass all your goals.

Thanks,
Nathan Jordan
Jackhammer Strength Training
3002 McKinley Ave. Columbus, Oh 43204
614 499-4633

No comments:

Post a Comment