Schedule your Free 2 week Trial

Call 614 499-463 to schedule your success session and 2 free weeks.

Instagram

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Self Sabotage

Self Sabotage is the name of the game.  This is what destroys bodies, minds, dreams, and souls.  Self sabotage prevents you and me from achieving our dreams, our dream bodies, our dream minds, and living the life of our dreams.   I have been a personal trainer for over 10 years here in Columbus, Ohio where their are more gyms per capita than anywhere in the world.  I have aspirations to start a second location either in Gulfport, Mississippi.

Within the realm of our health here are some common ways that I self sabotage on a regular basis.  I know I should eat lots of veggies, lean meats, and minimize processed foods.  I know I should cook healthy meals on a regular basis.  But how often do I actually eat healthy?  Not nearly as much as I should.  I like what I like.  I eat too much pizza, I eat out more than I should, and I do not eat enough veggies.  I probably eat like an average american.  But do I get sick like an average american?  No!

If I am self sabotaging with my nutrition on a regular basis how is it that I do not get sick very often?

Well, I train.  I train regularly at least 3 days a week usually 4-5.  Even on days where I do not want to do a thing I often end up doing more than most people do all week.  Yesterday I rode my bike about 7 miles, did a light workout in the morning and evening.  Today I will do long rounds on the airdyne bike, flipping the tire, kettlebell swings, kettlebell snatches, and punching the bag.  I will go as hard as possible for a short period of time, switch to an ab exercise and switch back.  3 minute rounds and then heavy box squats and 1 arm rows with a rep scheme similar to 10-6-6-4-4.

Their is no best way to get strong, to get lean, or to get healthy.  Sometimes the key is just consistency.  Can you be consistent?  Can you get better?  If you could replace just 1 bad habit with a better one what would it be and why?  Do you drink lots of pop?  What if you replaced your three cans of pop a day with green tea?  The authors concluded that 3 or 4 cups of green tea could increase metabolic rate by 4% over 24-hours. That translates into burning an extra 50 to 100 calories a day. There is still need for more human studies to understand how green tea works, but drinking green tea certainly can't hurt.

That means with 420 less calories per day and burning 100 you could in theory lose over a pound a week simply from 1 small change.  Identify your bad habits, fix one each week, become consistent with your workouts, become healthy, become resilient, become a hammerhead.  

Losing weight is great but what I really like, what I really love, where my passion is is seeing people get stronger.  I want to see girls squatting and deadlifting more than they weigh, knocking out pullups, doing adventure races.  I want all of my personal training and small group training clients when they go into another gym not only to be stronger than every one there but to have more endurance and even know more styles of training and more exercises than any trainer in the gym where they are at.  I love variety.  People ask me all the time if Jackhammer is like Crossfit?  No their is much more variety, a slight emphasis on the power lifts, and whole body workouts every single day.  If this sounds like something you want or need in your town let`s connect and see what we can make happen!  Nate

No comments:

Post a Comment